How can I get restitution for my loss?
If you have suffered a monetary loss, such as damage to your home or medical bills, because of a crime committed against you, the judge may order restitution in the amount of your loss if the defendant was found guilty. Please note that restitution is not ordered for lost work hours.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?
2. What is the penalty for a misdemeanor?
3. How can I get restitution for my loss?
4. Do I have to testify at a trial if I don't want to?
5. What happens at an arraignment?
6. If I am charged with a crime, how can I get an attorney if I can't afford to hire one?
7. What if I can't pay my entire fine at once?