Jan. 22, 2024 - City Council will hear a budget briefing on the city’s latest real estate assessments during its afternoon work session on Wednesday, Jan. 24.
The council will also meet on Wednesday evening for its regular legislative session, which will be preceded by a Spotlight Ceremony providing the inaugural viewing of Mayor Donnie Tuck’s address at last month’s State of the City presentation. The work session starts at 1 p.m. The Spotlight Ceremony will be at 6, and the legislative session at 6:30, all in Council Chambers on the eighth floor of City Hall, 22 Lincoln St.
The agenda for the work session includes:
• A recap of the new real estate reassessment values for Fiscal Year 2025, compared to Fiscal Year 2024 across multiple categories. as the number of transfers, residential and commercial assessment change, total taxable value change, etc.
• A briefing from the Public Works Department on the reissuance of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System permit.
• Consideration of appointments to the Hampton VA 250 Committee, the Hampton Commission on the Arts, the Golf Course Advisory Committee and several other municipal bodies.
The agenda for the legislative session includes:
• Amendments to the Fiscal Year 2024 budget, including the acceptance and appropriation of grants.
• Execution of an agreements between the Virginia Department of Health and the City Council for funding and services for the Hampton Health Department.
• An invitation for bids from wireless service and infrastructure providers within the city.
The meetings are open to the public. See the full agenda. The meetings will be broadcast on the city's channel at Cox 47 and Verizon 22. They will also be streamed at hampton.gov/tv.