Dec. 7, 2023 - Friday and Saturday Holly Days celebrations will close some streets during those events. Here's a list of what's closed and when, as well as help getting around those closures to downtown destinations.
The 2023 Hampton Holly Days Events will include the Downtown Block-Lighting Party and Holly Days Market on Friday, Dec. 8, from 5 p.m.-10 p.m.. The Holly Days Market will continue on Saturday from noon to 5 p.m., followed by the parade, which begins at 5 p.m. Saturday. Please be aware of the following street closures and use alternative routes listed to access downtown during this time. Also, no parking signs will be placed on some streets prior to these times.
Friday, December 8, 2023 for Holly Days Market
These streets will be closed from noon-10 p.m.
- Queens Way from Eaton Street to King Street. Access to Old Point Bank drive-thru will be maintained from Eaton Street, and Old Point Bank Parking Lot via Wine Street.
- One-half of the City Parking Lot between Eaton and Wine Streets will be closed for pass-parking only (Wine Street side; Eaton Street side of lot remains open Friday and until 3 p.m. Saturday).
Saturday, December 9, for the Holly Days Parade
These streets will be closed beginning at 3 p.m.:
- Settlers Landing Road between Eaton Street and Bridge Street (Bridge Street and all roads west remain accessible until 4:30 p.m.).
- Westbound traffic from the Booker T. Washington Bridge will be detoured to turn northbound-only on Eaton Street, except for Landing Hotel guests who may turn directly from bridge into the Hotel plaza. Access to and from The Landing Hotel via Booker Bridge will be maintained at all times.
- Eaton Street will have its southbound lanes closed from Lincoln Street to Settlers Landing Road.
- Access to Mill Point and Wilson's Landing Condominiums is via northbound along Eaton Street from Settlers Landing Road. If coming southbound (from Pembroke Avenue area), access to condos will be hand-directed by on-site traffic police using an intermittent-stop/reverse-lane system.
- Franklin Street from Pembroke Avenue to Lincoln Street.
- Lincoln Street will have eastbound lanes closed from east of Franklin Street to Eaton Street, while westbound lanes will remain open with intermittent access to and from Kings Way and Wine Street as directed by on-site traffic officers.
These additional closures beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- Settlers Landing Road in both directions will be closed to all traffic from Kecoughtan Road to Eaton Street.
- Kecoughtan Road will be closed at Victoria Boulevard to Settlers Landing Road. Access to Hampton Yacht Club and Old England Neighborhood will be maintained at Victoria Boulevard.
All roads are expected to reopen by approximately 8 p.m. Saturday.
Parking is available throughout downtown:
- The public parking garage on Settlers Landing Road remains accessible from Armistead Avenue; take Queens Way eastbound to Franklin Street, Franklin Street southbound to Old Hampton Lane.
- The Hampton University Garage on Queens Way is free and accessible Saturday via the Booker Bridge, by taking a right onto Eaton Street and a Right onto Queens Way with garage on the right.
- City Hall Surface Parking is accessible from Eaton Street, just south of Pembroke Avenue.
- Handicapped parking is available in all garages, as well as in any on-street spaces as marked.
- On-street parking may be limited throughout the downtown area as marked; please note no-parking signs posted, as well as towing signs posted in privately-owned parking lots.