Benefits Overview, Holiday Schedule
This is a summary of benefits associated with permanent, full-time positions. Benefits associated with other positions can be found with specific job listings.
Benefits begin on the 1st of the month following one full calendar month of employment in the following benefit plans:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Reimbursement accounts
Health insurance is offered through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (1-800-451-1527). For more information on the provider network and pharmacies, see the Anthem website. The vision plan is offered through EyeMed Vision Care (1-800-843-3272). For more information, see the EyeMed Vision Care website.
Three dental plans are offered through Delta Dental (Delta Care, Delta Dental PPO, and Delta Dental PPO Plus) 1-800-237-6060. For more information, see the Delta Dental website.
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Employees begin accruing annual and sick leave immediately.
The 10 paid holidays each year are:
Other Employee Benefits
- The retirement plan is offered through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS 1-888-827-3847) and is a defined benefit pension plan. For more information, see the VRS website.
- Group life insurance is offered through the VRS and the carrier is the Minnesota Life Insurance Company.
- Tax deferred retirement plan 457 is offered through the ICMA Retirement Corporation (1-800-669-7400). For more information, see the ICMA-RC website.
- Medical / Dental and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts are offered on a pre-tax basis in order to reduce the amount of tax the employee pays.
- Bayport Credit Union is available to all City employees.
- Direct deposit into most banks is a convenient finance feature.
- Savings bonds are available to the City's workforce.
- Employees are covered for Workers' Compensation where appropriate.