Wastewater Operations

Report a sewer stoppage or overflow by calling 311

Dial 311 from a land line within the City or 757-727-8311 to report a sewer overflow or backup. You can also request service online. We recommend calling 311 before calling a plumber because the City will repair issues on the City side of the line. Teams are available 24/7 365 days a year.

Other sewer services and responsibilities

  • Sewer Stoppages
  • Construction Projects and Septic to Sewer Conversion
  • Cave-Ins and Overflows
  • Fats, Oils, and Grease Reduction Program

Watch all 20 videos in Public Works' 'What We Do, How We Do it' series by choosing the "playlist" link!