Hampton’s Victim Services Unit has been assisting victims and witnesses of crime since 1984 and is committed to facilitating the treatment of victims and witnesses with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Understanding the criminal justice process can be very confusing. Our aim is to minimize the many frustrations that are associated with coming to court by providing you with as much information as possible. We understand that the needs of crime victims vary depending on the individual and type of crime, but we will provide the same treatment to all those who are victims and/or witnesses.
You should contact Victim Services if:
- You are a senior citizen or handicapped and need assistance getting to court.
- You need a referral to community service agencies, counseling, or other needs.
- You need assistance with completing a Victim Impact Statement.
- You need information about the availability of restitution.
- You need information concerning personal property held by the police.
- You need information on qualifying for crime victims’ compensation for personal injuries.
- You need information regarding parole and prisoner release.
- You need someone to speak to your employer about your time in court.
- You need to have questions answered about court or any matter regarding your case.
- You need to notify us of a change of address or telephone number.
After Hours Docket Information Line
The Victim Services staff will make every effort to contact you in advance if court proceedings will not take place as scheduled.
Please call our After Hours Docket Line at 757-727-6399 the day before court to confirm if you will be needed for court.
This is a secure, private chat option for victims and witnesses of crime in the City of Hampton. Advocates are available during normal business hours to provide information, assistance and referrals for crime victims. Connect to chat
If You Are Threatened
If you are threatened by the defendant or anyone else in regard to your testimony you should immediately call the Hampton Police Department at 757-727-6111.