Development Services Center (Permits)
The Development Services Center maintains development operations, plans review, and permit processing for the city and the general public.
For more information or to apply for a permit, please register online for permitting and inspections or call 757-727-8311.
Areas of Support
- Provide a conceptual phase pre-meeting with developer and key city staff to identify early opportunities and constraint
- Evaluate site locations for utility availability and stormwater drainage
- Identify tidal wetlands and provide assistance with the permitting process.
- Identify technical issues such as zoning ordinance, public safety and codes and existing public infrastructure
- VIew more information on our permit review process (PDF)
- The code that is currently in effect is the 2018 edition of the VA Construction Code and the 2018 VA Residential Code.
Do I need a permit?
Type of project
Greg GoetzDevelopment Services Center ManagerPhone: 757-727-6079
22 Lincoln St.
Hampton, VA 23669
Phone: 757-728-2444Fax: 757-728-2445
HOURS: 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
To schedule an inspection, contact the Citizen Call Center at 3-1-1 (landline) or 757-727-8311 (cell or outside city). Still can't find what you're looking for? Email us with your questions.