Buckroe Beach & Park
About the Park
Buckroe Beach and Park borders the magnificent Chesapeake Bay with three-quarters of a mile of clean beach. Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day through Labor Day 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Available for rent are three picnic shelters with nine tables and 1 grill each; an observation pier with a shelter; and a stage pavilion for community events, private events and entertainment. A spacious nautical-themed playground will entertain the children. There are large restroom facilities with outdoor showers next to the playground and ample open space year round. Note: No electricity or water is available at the shelters.
No dogs or other pets allowed on the Boardwalk, Beach, or in the park area on the bay side of First Street from May 15 to Sept 15. Park rangers are on duty year-round.
For recreation on the water, Hampton Watersports rents jet skis, kayaks & paddleboards on the beach. Reserve water equipment or book a tour. They also offer hot food to go, cold beverages, ice cream, snacks and bags of ice. Picnic tables are available for customers. They are open Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Beach closed during inclement weather.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted.
- Swimming beyond swim buoys prohibited.
- No styrofoam coolers allowed.
- No tents or portable gazebos allowed.
- Dogs and other pets, except service animals, are prohibited in all areas of the park and beach, including the greenspace, facilities, boardwalk, and beach May 15-Sept. 15.
- All dogs must be on a leash during allowable dates.
- No personal watercraft, fishing, or scuba diving gear are permitted.
- No open fires, including portable grills, fire pits, and hot oil cooking or deep frying.
- Skateboards and bicycles allowed on bike path only.
- No person may ride or lead any horse or similar animal.
- No littering.
- No radio or remote-controlled vehicles, including drones.
- Feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- No person may in any way alter, damage, remove, or deface any park property, including plant vegetation, equipment, and park structures.