Winter Break Camps
Operation Winter Break
Operation Winter Break begins when Hampton City Schools are dismissed for winter break. This full-day camp is offered Dec. 20 through Dec. 30 (closed Dec. 23 & 24) from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Fort Monroe and Northampton community centers. Parents or guardians must provide food and snack for campers. Participation is for children ages 6-12. Cost is $120 for members and $140 for non-members.
For more information, please contact a participating community center:
- Fort Monroe Community Center - 757-727-6831
- Northampton Community Center - 757-825-4805
Register at Hampton.gov/Parks/Register.
If your child has an IEP or 504 plan please contact Shaeron King, CTRS, Therapeutic Recreation Program coordinator, to schedule an assessment prior to registration. Call 757-251-2826 or 757-268-8837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Hampton Parks, Recreation & Leisure Services annual membership required.
- Cost: $30/week per participant
- Ages: 6 to 15
- Times: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Open recreation: 2 to 6 p.m.
- YH Thomas Community Center, 1300 Thomas Street, (757) 727-1200
- North Phoebus Community Center, 249 West Chamberlin Avenue, (757) 727-1160
- Little England Cultural Center, 3922 Kecoughtan Road, (757) 727-0821
Enjoy fun-filled activities complete with cool adventures through learning how to swim, rock climbing and much more. Teen activities include swimming, art and design, field trips, and more.
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ages: 6 to 10 and 11 to 15
- Members: $16/day
- Non-members: $25/day
- Must provide own lunch and snack.
- Fort Monroe Community Center, 100 Stilwell Road, (757) 727-6831
- Northampton Community Center, 1435-A Todds Lane, (757) 825-4805
- West Hampton Community Center, 1638 Briarfield Road, (757) 896-4687
For those with special needs. Therapeutic Recreation offers a winter break camp when schools are out for winter break. Participants will enjoy field trips, games, arts & crafts and more.
- Cost: $100/week
- Without assessment: $130/week
- Ages: 5½ to 22
- Times: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Therapeutic Recreation Center, 757-728-1710