Below you will find a comprehensive list of designated fishing locations within the City of Hampton.
- Engineer Pier - Fort Monroe offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy timeless fishing from the Engineer Pier which is perched out in the bay. Striped bass, rock fish, flounder and crooker are just a few of the popular species that have brought fisherman to the Chesapeake Bay for centuries and can be caught at the Engineer Pier. Anglers of all skill levels can enjoy casting a line at the Engineer Pier adjacent to Continental Park on Fenwick Road. Open daily from sunrise to sunset, the pier is the only designated fishing location at Fort Monroe. A Virginia Saltwater Fishing License is required.
- James T. Wilson Fishing Pier - The 709-foot pier is located near Point Comfort Road. The pier, supported by concrete pilings with wooden decks and railings, is 16 feet wide and is equipped with rest rooms, snack bar and bait shop. The T section at the end of the pier is 70 feet wide and 29 feet long. The pier also has two shelters, two fish cleaning stations, and an adjacent parking lot. The pier will be open 24/7 through the fishing season. (The typical fishing season for the area runs April through December.)
Fishing Requirements and Fees:
- All required licensing for the general public to fish off the pier has been purchased.
- Pier admission fees per 24-hour period will be (24 hour period is from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. so if you pay at 3:00 p.m., your admission fee is only good until 6:00 a.m. the next day):
- Adult $8.00
- Senior (62+) $6.00
- Children (10 and under) $6.00
- Non-fishing visitor with fisherman $4.00
- Sightseeing adult $1.00
- Sightseeing child $0.50
- Monthly pass $60.00
- Seasonal Pass (April - December) $250.00
Sandy Bottom Nature Park
Sandy Bottom Lake- 12 acre lake is located at Sandy Bottom Nature Park, 1255 Big Bethel Road, Fishing is allowed from the fishing pier at no cost or anglers may rent a boat for $4.00 an hour or $15.00 for all day. Anglers will not be disappointed with this well stocked lake which home to a variety of game fish species: Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Catfish are just a few. A Virginia Freshwater Fishing License is required
Armistead Pointe Park
Armistead Pointe Pond- This approximate 3 acre pond is located next to the Boo Williams Sportsplex at Armistead Pointe. This pond allows shoreline fishing and is stocked with variety of game fish species: Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, Catfish and Trout are just a few. No fee is required to fish at this location. A Virginia fishing license, and trout license, is required from November 1-April 30.