Summer Youth Employment Program
The City of Hampton created a Summer Youth Employment Program that offers job opportunities within City departments, local businesses and non-profit organizations to area youth and young adults ages 16 – 24. The 10-week program gives participants summer work experiences aimed at cultivating their professional and personal career aspirations.
- Interested participants must attend a Hampton city school or be a Hampton resident and submit an application. In the search field, enter "Summer Youth Employment Program Hire".
- Prospective candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Everyone accepted into the program, must attend a parent/participant orientation and pre-employment training to develop soft skills and determine the best placement site.
- Previous experience not required to apply.
- Employees may work up to 20 hours per week and schedules will be based on the employer’s needs.
Interested in being an employer department or host site? Complete our online form.
You can also volunteer with the Summer Youth Employment program as a job coach, training facilitator or guest speaker. Complete our volunteer form.