PC/Laptop Ordering Process
Procedures For PC & Laptop Purchases
**Attention: The City of Hampton has now transitioned to HP's for City Employee PC Orders
IT recommends that all
We offer 3 standard models as shown below. Each has options, such as memory, monitor quantities
- Desktop PC:
- $740 to $1,300 each (monitor not included)
- $1,060 to $1,800 each
- WorkStation for GIS/other applications that require non-standard processors:
- $1,500 and up each (monitor not included)
- $150 and higher
- Microsoft Office:
- $272.09 for Standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- $370.96 for Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
- Determine your budget, the types of computers you need (desktop, laptop, workstation), and the quantity of each. Include the size monitor you need, the quantity, and any other details. If you are unsure, include your questions in your email to him.
- Email this information to Networking Technologies + Support (NTS). A Networking Technologies + Support (NTS) representative will provide you with a quote within 3 days, as well as a phone number if you'd like to discuss options.
- Quotes are valid for 60 days. Your requisitions should
thereforebe entered into NWS, approved by IT, and promoted to a PO by Procurement within 45 days.
New World Systems Process
IT is the 3rd level approver for computer purchases. It's critical that you follow these NWS instructions, or your order cannot be processed.
- Create two requisitions in NWS using the instructions below:
- Attach the
eQuotefrom Networking Technologies + Support (NTS) to both requisitions.
When your order arrives, IT will coordinate delivery/setup with the point of contact indicated in your requisitions.
About Other Offers
You may see other offers which appear to
If you have questions about the process or would like us to investigate a specific offer, please email the IT Helpdesk with that question and we will be happy to assist.