Planning & Zoning Administration
Performs planning, zoning and environmental functions:
- Administers the zoning ordinance and manages land use applications by evaluating their consistency with adopted city policies
- Provides staff support to the Board of Zoning Appeals, Chesapeake Bay Review Committee, Hampton Youth Commission, Planning Commission, and Wetlands Board
- Provides strategic master plans, the Hampton Community Plan, and policies to guide future development
- Contributes design assistance on development projects in special districts
- Contributes environmental expertise and reviews related to regulation and enforcement of Chesapeake Bay and wetlands protection requirements
- Coordinates with regional planning efforts
- Develops relationships with key stakeholder groups to build upon Hampton’s historical strengths and assets to leverage new investment and partnerships
- Proposes amendments to codes and ordinances to comply with state law and ensures agreement with the Hampton Community Plan
- Tracks Census, demographic, and other community data measures and trends
April 26, 2018 – Waterwalk at Central Park, a 2¼-mile linear park that will connect Air Power Park and the Power Plant shopping area, will have a grand opening and ribbon-cutting at 10 a.m. on May 12. Read on...
April 5, 2018 - May is National Bike Month, and Hampton is hosting several events that include fun locations and interesting routes for every skill level.
Nov. 16, 2017 - An online presentation and survey is now available for Hampton residents who want to weigh in on proposed changes to city regulations regarding the storage of recreational vehicles.
Nov. 7, 2017 - Residents are invited to a community meeting at the Hampton Roads Convention Center on Nov. 15 to discuss proposed changes to the city ordinance regarding the storage of recreational vehicles in residential areas.