Planning & Zoning Administration
Performs planning, zoning
- Administers the zoning ordinance and manages land use applications by evaluating their consistency with adopted city policies
- Provides staff support to the Board of Zoning Appeals, Chesapeake Bay Review Committee, Hampton Youth Commission, Planning Commission, and Wetlands Board
- Provides strategic master plans, the Hampton Community Plan (PDF), and policies to guide future development
- Contributes design assistance on development projects in special districts
- Contributes environmental expertise and reviews related to regulation and enforcement of
ChesapeakeBay and wetlands protection requirements
- Coordinates with regional planning efforts
- Develops relationships with key stakeholder groups to build upon Hampton's historical strengths and assets to leverage new investment and partnerships
- Proposes amendments to codes and ordinances to comply with state law and ensures agreement with the Hampton Community Plan
- Tracks Census, demographic, and other community data measures and trends
July 31, 2019 - The Housing and Neighborhood Services Division is looking for team leaders and other volunteers to help with the Extreme Home Repair Blitz scheduled for Sept. 28 in Wythe and surrounding areas. Read on...
April 3, 2019 - Find out everything you need to know about fair housing laws at a free class on April 11 from 4-7 p.m. at the Goodwill Service Center, 1911 Kilgore Ave. Read on...
March 19, 2019 - Applications are now being accepted for Curb Appeal, a matching grant program from the city's Community Development Department that helps residents make exterior improvements to their homes at half the cost. Read on...
March 5, 2019 - There is still time to tell us what you think should be included in Hampton's updated Community Plan, which includes a five-year look at immediate strategic issues and a 20-year look at broader areas of growth and development. Read on...