Please note the following:
AVAILABLE SPACEConsists of the restrooms, great hall, kitchen, and Courtyard. No exhibit areas may be used without additional charges incurred.
- No wireless or internet access available.
- Departments of the City of Hampton:
- During business hours: Free of Charge
- After business hours: $50 per hour
- Deposit required: None
- Civic groups or other non-profit organizations:
- During business hours: $25 per hour
- After business hours: $50 per hour
- Non-refundable Deposit required: $25 - $50 depending on timing of event
- Private weddings, receptions, meetings, corporate functions:
- Initial fee: $90 for first hour
- Additional time: $75 per hour
- Non-refundable Deposit required: $50 within 7 days of booking event
RULES FOR USE OF FACILITIES
- Opening and closing of the facilities will be performed by staff.
- The maximum number of guests is limited to 150 by order of the Fire Marshall. (i.e. 60 table seating; 100 auditorium-style seating; 150 standing) c) A podium w/microphone, tables and chairs are available for use. The Museum does not provide any other furniture or supplies. Any further needs are the responsibility of the renter and if not removed at the conclusion of the function, renter may be subject to additional fees.
- If alcoholic beverages are served, it must first be approved by the Department Director, and it is the responsibility of the renter to obtain the necessary ABC license in conformity with all Virginia and City of Hampton statutes. Red wine and/or dark beer are not permitted.
- Smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gum are prohibited in the building.
- The character of a function must be in keeping with the dignity of the Museum.
- A function should be concluded no later than 11:00 p.m., including clean-up.
- All fees based on a two-hour minimum.
- Final payment is due on or before the date of the event. Deposit required within 7 days of event, or booking will be cancelled.
- Rented hours will include set-up and clean-up time.
- (More than 30 minutes outside reserved set-up/clean-up time is subject to additional charge). Fees will be calculated from beginning of set-up until the final inspection by Museum staff. No early set-up will be allowed without the accrual of additional fees. Please notify caterers, florists, etc… of this policy.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
FACILITY USE REGULATIONS
- The individual whose signature appears as the Requester:
- Must be present in the facility throughout the requested time period.
- Assumes responsibility for the conduct of all persons and agrees to abide by the rules.
- Will be responsible for any damage or loss of property or equipment during the rental period. b) Requestor should bring their own equipment (pots, pans, punch bowels, utensils, napkins, coffee, condiments, dishes, foil, etc…)
- Every effort should be made to clean up spills immediately to prevent stains on the carpet, floors, and counters.
- The Hampton History Museum is not responsible for any loss or damage to individual's property during the rental period.
- All rental activities must conclude by 11:00 p.m. and the building and parking lot must be vacated by midnight. This includes all cleanup, replacement of equipment and returning room(s) to original configuration.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the renter and their guests shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Hampton History Museum and its agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses.
Please contact the Hampton History Museum at 757-727-6854 for any additional information or for any questions that you may have.