Technology Training for City Employees
Below are helpful resource links for employees that are in need of training or would like more information on Microsoft Office and/or Windows. Training includes E-mail, Calendars, Contacts, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other frequently used Microsoft products. Please keep in mind these training resources cover all the features and functions of the Microsoft suite. The City may not have every feature or function available for City employees.
Please email IT Help if you need assistance or wish to find out more about a feature or product
SkillSets Online Training
SkillSets Online provides online training courses using Real-World Simulations (RWS) to practice new skills that reflect the true world of business tasks and projects. These courses enable users to actually apply their newly acquired knowledge to the daily demands and practical applications of their job role.
Please follow the steps below to register:
- View & select which courses you would like to take from the following options:
- Submit ticket via email IT Help Desk with the following information:
- Supervisor/Manager approval (copy of supervisor/manager response from email is acceptable; this must be submitted before course can be taken)
- Name of course you wish to take
- Dates on which you plan to take the course
- Contact information (name, department, phone number) and email where voucher can be sent
- Upon receipt of voucher from SkillSets, you may begin taking the course
- Once the time has expired to complete your selected course, you will be emailed a link from IT to complete a brief survey for their records.
**PLEASE NOTE: Vouchers are only valid for 2-weeks. If you are unable to complete the course within this time frame, you will need to submit another request for an additional voucher to extend the course time frame for completion. This will also restart the course from the beginning so please be aware when scheduling your time accordingly.**
Additional Training Links
The below links are designed to be used as references and for refreshing skills.
- Microsoft Office Training - Includes training on Office 2007, Office 2010, Office for MAC 2011 and Office 2013 for the future
- Office 365 - Learn about the transition and Outlook Web Access
- Windows 7 - A series of videos to help users get to know Windows 7
- Windows 8 - Learn more about Windows 8. The City will soon be deploying Windows 8 and employees can find out more before the deployment.
- Windows Basics - Information for new Windows or Computer users to get started.