HIRE & Job Opportunities
Welcome to HIRE, the online employment system for the City of Hampton.
- View job opportunities open to all applicants
- View positions open to current City employees only
- Visit the Police Division, Sheriff's Office and Courts websites to view current career opportunities and to find out more information on what steps need to be taken during the recruiting process.
- The city is V-3 certified. V-3 stands for “Virginia Values Vets,” a program that helps employers hire veterans. Certification signifies a company's commitment to veterans.
- Visit here to find information on becoming an Election Official for the City of Hampton. Election Officials are paid for their work on Election Days.
- After learning more about becoming an Election Official, at the bottom of the page there will be another link to direct interested citizens to the “Election Official Interest Form”. This form will be directed to the Registrar’s Office.
HIRE will help you find the job that you are looking for, faster and easier.
- Search and apply for positions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Apply from any location with Internet access
- Apply for multiple and new jobs without re-entering application information
- Receive notice when a position you are interested in becomes available
Application Status Updates
Check your email for status notices. If you are no longer being considered for a position, a notice will be sent to the email address you used on your application. If you are selected for an interview or an offer of employment, you will be contacted in most cases by phone. Please note that the 'Application Status' feature available after you log in to your account is currently used only to indicate that an application has been received.
For Your Assistance:
HIRE is provided by the City of Hampton in partnership with GovernmentJobs.
For Department Users ONLY
- NEOGOV Online Hiring Center
- Click on the 'login' button at the top right.
- You will need to enter your current password and you will then be prompted to enter a new password – the requirements are very specific