Extreme Home Repair Blitz
Habitat for Humanity, the City of Hampton, and the City of Newport News are joining forces to help elderly, veterans, disabled, or low income homeowners in the Wythe neighborhood Hampton and the bordering streets in Newport News make repairs to the outside of their homes.
The Extreme Home Repair Blitz provides exterior services such as:
- Repairs to ramps, rails, and porches
- Outside painting and siding
- Window repairs
- Power washing & debris removal
- Outdoor clean-up
- And more!
*All labor and materials are provided by community sponsors and volunteers to eligible homeowners for a minimal fee, possibly FREE!
- Interested homeowners in designated areas can complete the online form or download an application.
- Interested sponsors can get more information by visiting https://www.habitatpgw.org/store/p25/hrb.html.
- All those interested in being a team leader should visit http://vhub.at/habitatpgw.
To learn more about the blitz and Habitat for Humanity, visit Habitat for Humanity.
To learn more or to request information, please call 757-727-8311 if you live in the City of Hampton or 757-933-2311 if you live in the City of Newport News.
Aug. 2, 2022 — The city wants your feedback on planned resiliency efforts. Through Aug. 26, mobile displays highlighting planned resilience strategies for the three study neighborhoods will be at the Main Library and Phoebus Branch Library. Read on...
Aug 1, 2022 - Hampton’s 2040 Community Plan has already received broad input from residents and businesses, describing what they want for the future of our community. Now, it’s time to do a deeper dive into some identified strategic areas. Read on...
July 18, 2022 - Hampton has been named the Resilient Virginia Community of the Year by the Virginia Chapter of the American Planning Association for its "outstanding example for how to undertake resiliency planning," according to the announcement. Read on...