Extreme Home Repair Blitz
Habitat for Humanity, the City of Hampton, and the City of Newport News are joining forces to help elderly, veterans, disabled, or low income homeowners in the Wythe neighborhood Hampton and the bordering streets in Newport News make repairs to the outside of their homes. The next blitz will be on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
The Extreme Home Repair Blitz provides exterior services such as:
- Repairs to ramps, rails, and porches
- Outside painting and siding
- Window repairs
- Power washing & debris removal
- Outdoor clean-up
- And more!
*All labor and materials are provided by community sponsors and volunteers to eligible homeowners for a minimal fee, possibly FREE!
- Interested homeowners in designated areas can complete the online form or download an application.
- Interested sponsors can get more information by visiting https://www.habitatpgw.org/store/p25/hrb.html.
- All those interested in being a team leader should visit http://vhub.at/habitatpgw.
To learn more about the blitz and Habitat for Humanity, visit Habitat for Humanity.
Application deadline is Friday, August 23, 2019
To learn more or to request information, please call 757-727-8311 if you live in the City of Hampton or 757-933-2311 if you live in the City of Newport News.
Sept. 17, 2019 - Are you ready to be counted? Every 10 years, the United States conducts a massive count of the nation’s population, and the results impact all of us. That’s why it’s important for Hampton resident to be accurately counted. Read on...
July 31, 2019 - The Housing and Neighborhood Services Division is looking for team leaders and other volunteers to help with the Extreme Home Repair Blitz scheduled for Sept. 28 in Wythe and surrounding areas. Read on...
April 3, 2019 - Find out everything you need to know about fair housing laws at a free class on April 11 from 4-7 p.m. at the Goodwill Service Center, 1911 Kilgore Ave. Read on...