Hampton Public Library
April 19, 2021 Update: Libraries have reopened. All four locations of the Hampton Public Library are now open to the public Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday 1-5 p.m. The public may visit for a maximum of one hour per person per day during open hours. Curbside pickup is also available during open hours Monday-Friday for patrons who would prefer not to enter the buildings. Curbside pickup is not available on Saturday. Computer lab hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m., and Saturday 1-4:30 p.m.
Resources during coronavirus restrictions
To provide some assistance during restrictions prompted by the coronavirus pandemic, the following pages contain helpful links of information, resources and entertainment while Hampton Public Library branches have reduced hours. See the current open hours for each branch
The links provide helpful business, legal, tax and health information, resources and entertainment while Hampton Public Library branches are closed.
The Library of Virginia has compiled resources for military families from Military One Source, the USO, the Red Cross, and the Virginia Veterans and Family Service.
The links provide helpful resources and information for veterans.
This page contains helpful links for job seekers of all kinds, including links for disabled workers, college students and veterans.
To provide some assistance during Hampton’s city and school closures, some library vendors have opened access to educational resources to help parents and children through May.
- New books; eBooks; paperbacks; books on individual MP3 players, audiocassettes, or CD's; music CD's; DVDs; large-print books; research material; and programs and activities
- Can't wait for that best-seller? The Rental Collection is funded by the Friends of the Hampton Public Library ($1/week; no holds, no renewals)
- Free public computers (15¢/page to print) & wireless internet
- Resources for adults, teens and children include programs, book clubs, reading lists and research tools
Use the library from your own home
- CATALOG browsing and reserves
- E-BOOK check out
- ONLINE SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Phone Renewals 757-727-1332 or 757-727-1330
Support your library
Be a pal. Join the Friends of the Library!