Aberdeen Neighborhood Park
This Park is located on the grounds of Aberdeen Elementary School. The park is open daily. On days when school is in session the park is open from 3:30 PM until sunset. On days when school is not in session the park is open from 7:00 AM until sunset. The park features two picnic shelters, playground, basketball court, softball fields and open play areas.
For more information call 757.850.5116.
85 E. Mercury Boulevard
Hampton, VA 23669 (Map)
Hours of Operation: Park is open year round from sunrise to sunset daily.
Features: This park consists of 8 acres. It has one no-fee picnic shelter that is first come first serve and a playground. Ridgway Bark Park, a 1 acre fenced in area with a separate section for small dogs.
Note: Please do not feed wildlife especially ducks and geese. Artificial food sources cause overpopulation which the natural food supply cannot support. Artificial food also acts as “junk food” and has no nutritional value. Feeding causes wildlife to lose their natural fear of humans. These animals become easy targets for people who do not respect wildlife and would hurt them intentionally.
Hampton's premier park is a 456 acre environmental education and wildlife management facility. Born from borrow pits and garbage dumps, the park is truly a success story of reclamation of our natural resources. From the 10,000 square foot nature center overlooking Sandy Bottom Lake to the elusive creatures that inhabit the wetland marshes, there is something for everyone at the Sandy Bottom Nature Park. >> more
Tucker Capps Neighborhood Park
Tucker Capps Elementary School
113 Wellington Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
The Park is open daily. On days when school is in session the park is open from 3:30PM until sunset. On days when school is not in session the park is open from 7:00AM until sunset. The park features a youth baseball field, playground and asphalt walking tail. For more information call 757.850.5116.
Woodland Skateboard Park
9 Woodland Road
Hampton, VA 23663 (Map)
Rules and Regulations
Open From Sunrise To Sunset Only
- This facility is used by experienced and inexperienced bikers, skateboarders, and in-line skaters. Serious injury may result from falling or colliding with other users, the concrete surface, or equipment. Hampton Parks and Recreation does not assume responsibility for injuries - USE OF THIS FACILITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Safety equipment is recommended for all participants.
- Do not use the ramps/rails beyond your ability level.
- All participants must be under control at all times.
- One person, per ramp, at a time.
- No food, drink, or glass allowed in the skating area.
- No drugs, alcohol, weapons or smoking allowed.
- No littering or loitering.
- Profanity, recklessness and/or boisterous behavior are prohibited.
- No non-skaters allowed on the concrete area.
- Skater etiquette is expected at all times.
- No defacing of park property. Vandalism is subject to prosecution.
- Repeated infractions of the rules will result in the loss of privileges.