School Pride in Action
Going Green Teens
Why Go Green? Find out now.
Sandy Bottom Series Teacher Training Opportunities
Sign up for teacher training classes.
Hampton Schools Recycle! Report Form
Submit a Hampton Schools Recycle! report form to log your recycling efforts.
School Pride In Action (S.P.I.A.)
The School Pride In Action Committee is a network of educators committed to providing environmentally-related activities and education to students. The committee creates awareness among Hampton youth of the role they play in litter prevention, recycling and environmental responsibility.
Members encourage citizenship skills and interest in science through environmental projects and activities, and can be formal or non-formal educators, youth and others interested in promoting the goals of the committee.
The committee meets four times September through June. The network established by its members disseminates ideas, materials and other support back to schools and youth organizations to encourage environmental activities and projects.
Recent projects undertaken by School Pride In Action Committee members are:
- The annual Student Environmental Arts Contest and subsequent Student Earth Day Display
- Ecology Club support and encouragement
- Educational resources for environmental education
- School beautification projects
- School Pride In Action Awards and other recognition opportunities
- Teacher training in environmental education
- The Student Environmental Conference for secondary students
- Youth Enrichment Presentations to classrooms, extracurricular groups and other youth organizations