The Housing and Neighborhood staff has experience helping leaders develop and strengthen their neighborhood organizations. With services including conflict mediation and membership recruitment, we can help you equip your neighborhood with the skills needed for success and resiliency. Here is a sampling of assistance we provide:
- Work one-on-one with leaders to help develop communication skills.
- Develop strategies to engage all neighbors in a community.
- Help identify community assets.
We offer several engaging courses and workshops through the Neighborhood College. The following training options are on an annual or semi-annual basis:
- Hampton 101 — a one day introduction to the City of Hampton’s strategic priorities as set by Council.
- Hampton 201:Build a Better Leader — a 3-week, 6-session course to equip citizens with tools and skills to become effective, knowledgeable neighborhood leaders.
- Asset Based Community Development workshop — a short course on the principles of ABCD, an approach embraced by Hampton leadership. Come learn more about the fundamentals of ABCD and how it can transform and empower your community!
We strive to offer the most beneficial training to neighborhood leaders. If you recognize a need for education or training in your neighborhood not being met by these offerings, please let us know. Contact Darren Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a grant for your neighborhood or registering your neighborhood? Please visit the Neighborhood Commission website for more information.