Assistant City Manager
A member of the city’s executive management team, Fitzpatrick oversees several city departments responsible for leisure services and quality government – also known as internal services.
As an assistant city manager, Fitzpatrick works with several departments, including Libraries, Recreation, 311 Customer Call Center, Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance, and Fleet, to make sure they operate smoothly for Hampton residents and employees.
A city employee since late 2014, Fitzpatrick chose to work in Hampton because of its national reputation as a progressive, well-managed city with a rich history. She applies a service-based approach to her work in the city manager’s office, and believes service is at the heart of city government. This means providing excellent support to the city manager as she works with City Council on policy-making and service-delivery for the citizens of Hampton. Fitzpatrick enjoys collaborating with the executive management team and other city employees to solve problems and deliver results.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a focus in Human Resources from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Master of Public Administration degree with a focus in local government from the University of Kansas.
- 2009 Graduate of Leadership-ICMA, the International City/County Management Association
- Assistant city manager, Rio Rancho, N.M., 2008-2014
- Deputy city manager, Manassas Park, Va., 2005-2008
- Assistant to the city manager, Troy, Mich., 2001-2005
- International City/County Management Association
- Virginia Local Government Management Association
- National Stuttering Association