- New books and Books on MP3 - 14 days
- DVDs, Videos and Rental Books – 7 days
- Other books and materials - 21 days
Two renewals may be made on most materials, unless they are on reserve for someone else.
- The fine is $0.10 a day with a maximum fine of $5 per item.
- Adults pay juvenile fines on juvenile materials.
- Video cassettes and interlibrary loan materials carry higher fines.
- The fine is $0.05 a day with a maximum fine of $1 per item.
- Juveniles pay adult fines on adult materials.
- Video cassettes carry higher fines.
Failure to pay for lost, unreturned or damaged materials will result in suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Library cards - $1
- Damaged books or equipment - To be assessed by staff
- Lost books or other materials - Cost of item
Materials that have been checked out may be reserved in person, by telephone or through our online catalog. When the materials are available, notification can be by email, phone or mail. Call or stop by your closest library location to let us know your preference.
There can only be 30 items total per card with the following restrictions:
- 7 music CDs
- 7 books on CD
- 10 videos or DVDs
- 3 Books on MP3
- 2 items from the "Battle of the Books" collection
- Holiday / Special Collection limits may vary by location
Any Virginia resident may obtain a library card by presenting a photo ID and proof of current address. Applications for anyone under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or guardian.
Need an item that's not in our collection? We can try to get it for you from another library system. There is rarely a fee, and you could get your item in as little as two weeks. Ask about Inter-Library Loan at the desk, and leave the rest to us. Click here or call 727-1314 for more information.